Get 20% off this month when you try our services!
543 Columbia Road
Dorchester, MA 02125
Celebrate an evening of world renowned, award winning short films!
Asbury Shorts USA, New York City’s longest running short film exhibition and travel show, is producing and co-presenting the FIRST EVER “Dorchester Short Film Festival” along with a team of dedicated Dorchester residents & volunteers committed to bringing exciting new entertainment to the area.
Asbury Shorts has presented at Summer Stage - Central Park NYC, Lake Shore Theater - Chicago, AERO Theatre - Los Angeles, LINDA Studio - Albany NY, Garde Art Center - New London CT, Museum of Fine Arts -Boston, Directors Guild of America Theatre - Manhattan NYC, Vero Beach Museum of Art - FL, Alamo Draft House - Dallas, Royal Festival Hall - London UK, Leminske Theater - Berlin Germany, Visions Cinema - Washington DC, and Briggs Opera House - White River Junction VT.
A one-night celebration of eclectic, fast-paced independent films, exploring the spectrum of human experiences.
This unique program consists of cutting-edge films in live action and animated genres, mixed with amazing dramatic shorts from such acclaimed filmmakers as Rachel Griffiths, Bob Giraldi, Bryan Buckley, Mitchell Rose, Abbe Robinson, and Jason Reitman.
FREE OFF-STREET PARKING DURING EVENT EVENING!!!
· On Columbia Road;
· Ramsey St Municipal lot, (off Dudley St behind CVS); and
· Citizens Bank parking lot (at corner of Columbia Rd & Cushing Ave, next to BofA).
Note: During Mon-Fri weekdays, the bank lots are used for patron parking during bank hours and please always pay attention to street parking signage.
· Red Line to Andrew Station, then either the #16 (Forest Hills) Bus or #17 (Fields Corner) Bus to Upham’s Corner/Dudley Street**
· Orange Line to Ruggles Station, then the #15 (Upham’s Corner) Bus via Dudley Station**
· Orange Line to Forest Hills Station, then the #16 (Forest Hills) Bus to Upham’s Corner**
**Get off in front of Payless Shoe Store and Strand is up one block on the left, just past BofA
· From South: Take I-93 North to Exit 15, Columbia Road. Right at bottom of ramp, go around the rotary to 4th exit (Columbia Road). At the 3rd set of lights take a left onto Columbia Road. Landmark Kentucky Fried Chicken / Store 24 on your left side corner. Go through one set of lights, Strand is on the left, just past Post Office.
· From North: Take I-93 South to Exit 15, Columbia Road. Turn right at bottom of ramp and turn left at 2nd set of lights following Columbia Road.
Landmark Kentucky Fried Chicken / Store 24 on your left side corner. Go through one set of lights, Strand is on the left, just past Post.
· From West: Mass Pike I-90 East into Boston, to I-93 South. Follow “From North” directions.
· From Jamaica Plain/ Brookline: Take the Jamaica Way south to Arborway. Go over the bridge at Forest Hills to rotary. Go ¾ around rotary and turn into Franklin Park. Go through the park, and turn left onto Blue Hill Avenue. Go ~50 yards, then take a right onto Columbia Road. Strand is ~1 1/3 miles down on the right, just past the Strand Pharmacy.
543 Columbia Road, Dorchester, Massachusetts 02125