Blackjack Card Counting – Learn How to Count Cards in Blackjack and Win
Blackjack, with its simple rules and good winning odds, is popular game in both land-based and online casinos. Although it contains elements of gambling, in general it is a game of strategy in the first place. The advantage is that you play against the dealer, so that the entire confrontation in the game is reduced to two participants. This feature makes blackjack easier to learn than poker, another popular card game.
However, despite the low house edge, blackjack would not be such a lucrative gambling option if it did not allow for various strategies, of which blackjack card counting is the most promising. Despite casino attempts to make the task of counting card in blackjack more difficult, this technique is still used. So, to achieve outstanding results, you should master blackjack card counting – we are here to help you with that.
What is Card Counting and Is It Legal to Count Cards?
Counting cards is a promising skill that can be mastered for playing blackjack. With this strategy, you can significantly increase your winning odds. Its essence lies in the fact that you need to divide the cards into 3 groups and assign each group of cards the corresponding number: -1, 0 and 1. Observing the dealt cards, you can keep a general score, which takes positive, negative values or zero, helping you to understand which cards are more in the deck – face cards or less valuable ones.
Although there are several blackjack card counting systems, we recommend starting with the Hi-Lo, which is the most common but still working system. Here are some facts you should know about card counting (blackjack game):
- You don’t need a photographic memory to use this technique in practice.
- Blackjack card counting strategy is not illegal – you can use it in practice playing both in land-based and online casinos.
- You don’t need deep knowledge of math to use this strategy – even if multiple decks are used in the game.
- This strategy does not guarantee that you will win every time.
- You don’t need an infinite bankroll to use the card counting system in blackjack.
So, with a little time and practice, you can successfully use this technique in a real game.
Tips on Card Counting
Here are some tips to help you quickly master the card counting technique:
- Start with small bets even if you have already practiced playing free blackjack.
- Master Hi-Lo blackjack card counting strategy – 2-6 cards will count as 1, 7-9 cards will count as 0, and 10-Ace cards will count as -1.
- Practice playing free blackjack to improve your fast counting skills and train your memory.
- Do not show off your card counting skills and do not share it in chat if you are playing online.
- Never increase your bet unless there is a clear reason for it.
Counting cards is not your lucky ticket to winning – however, if used correctly, this technique will live up to your expectations.